Education: Minimum High School
Experience: Minimum 6 months
Job Type: Permanent/ Full time (35- 40 Hrs/week)
Work Location: 139 Victoria Street, Ingersoll, Ontario N5C 2M8 Canada
Work conditions & Physical capabilities :Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Attention to detail.
- Following safety procedures to protect against exposure to allergens or bacteria that may be present in raw milk or cheese cultures.
- Monitoring the temperature of cheese vats to ensure that it does not exceed the maximum temperature for the type of cheese being produced.
- Monitoring the pH levels of cheese vats to ensure that they are within the range that will produce high quality cheese.
- Monitoring the humidity level of cheese vats to ensure that it is not too high or too low.
- Following established procedures to ensure that the quality of cheese produced is consistent with company standards.
- Testing samples of cheese for moisture content, acidity levels, saltiness, bitterness, and other qualities that affect taste.
- Monitoring the cheese making process to ensure that it is progressing smoothly and efficiently. If necessary, adjusting the rate of fermentation or adding new cultures to the mix.
- Storing cheese in a cool, dry environment until it is time to package it for shipment or sale.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the head cheese maker.