Unique Design Tile Ltd.
12632 60 Avenue Surrey BC V3X 2L1
Salary: $25.00/Hourly for 35 hours/week
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Tilesetters (7283)
NOC Job Title: Tilesetter
Job Location (s): All over Lower Mainland with base at 12632 60 Avenue Surrey BC V3X 2L1
Job Description: Unique Design Tile Ltd. are looking for two talented tilesetters to join its team to work all over lower mainland. As a Tilesetter, you would be asked to:
• Cover interior and exterior walls, floors and ceilings with ceramic, marble and quarry tile, mosaics or terrazzo
• Prepare, measure and mark surface to be covered. Clean and level the surface to be tiled.
• Build underbeds and install anchor bolts, wires and brackets
• Mix, apply and spread mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives using hand trowel
• Set tiles in position and apply pressure to affix tiles to base
• Align and straighten tile using levels, squares and straightedges
• Cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power cutting tools
• Pack grout into joints between tiles and remove excess grout. Apply grout with a rubber trowel.
• Install tile strips
• Lay and set mosaic tiles to create decorative wall, mural and floor designs
• Follow blueprints precisely and mark and measure surfaces that need to be tiled to determine how to go about jobs
• Mix, lay and polish terra surfaces
• Cut, polish and install marble and granite
• Remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles
• Completion of secondary school is required.
• 3 years of experience in the trade or Completion of a 3-4 year apprenticeship program.
• Proficiency in English might help you in communication at work place. So, basic English is required.
•Ability to lift heavy materials and equipment
•Outstanding attention to detail
• Ability to work for long hours while sitting on knees
4% Vacation Pay of the gross salary will be paid each pay period. Transportation to and from the work location will be provided free of cost in company vehicle.
How to apply
Please send a copy of resume as soon as possible
• By email: email@example.com
• By mail: 12632 60 Avenue Surrey BC V3X 2L1