- Servers are responsible for providing an exceptional meal experience for residents by taking meal orders and delivering food and beverages in a professional and timely manner to contribute to an overall outstanding customer experience.
- Perform duties in a skilled, efficient and safe manner maintaining a safe and clean environment for residents.
- Adheres to company policies, procedures, practices and philosophies. Works in accordance with all industry and regulatory compliance agencies, the Ontario Retirement Communities Association, The Retirement Homes Act 2010 and O. Reg 166/1, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Ontario Fire Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and other pertinent legislated regulations/ standards.
- Maintains confidentiality with respect to resident and operational Residence matters, exercises courtesy, good judgment and concern for the safety and wellbeing of residents and visitors. This includes adherence to the Social Media Policy.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Grade 12 or equivalent preferred as nonstudent.
- Serving experience in a commercial dining room preferred with current Smart Serve certificate.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Must have an empathy for and ability to get along with our customers and their guests.
- The ability to understand and perform duties effectively, communicate any pertinent issues regarding residents and their care and work accurately, neatly and quickly.
- Self-directed and team-oriented, with proficient organizational and problem-solving skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be committed to multi-disciplinary team work and demonstrate an ability to work through collaboration, joint decision making and integrated strategies.
- Must successfully complete a Police Records Check and disclose any convictions, charges, restraining orders, probation orders and/or warrants during the course of employment that affect in any way the clear Police Records Check.
- Must provide a Tuberculosis Skin Test (TST) document or Medical Note from Physician stating free from infectious disease.
What we can offer you:
Collaboration: You are set up for success with training/mentoring in your new team
Engagement: You will work in partnership with our Supervisors/Managers to build strong tenant/resident/customer experience skills.
Programs: Unique rewards and recognition program throughout the company.
Connections: Experience our company events and team engagement programs.
Celebrations: Milestones are important to us as part of our team with special events.
Unique for you: Employee Assistance Program to support your confidentially in all that matters to you.
Other perks include: discounted uniforms/other work wear items/discounted clothing for special events and discounted product offerings throughout our network.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Sifton Properties would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.