Caregiver needed for children
Li’s Family in Richmond Hill (Jefferson Side Road and Bathurst Road) Ontario is seeking a full-time (average 30-35 hours per week) caregiver for two children: 7 years old and 5 years old. We offer $15.5-$17 per hour salary based on your experience. Please apply by sending resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org if you meet our requirements below.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Terms of Employment: permanent full-time position
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and care for children at employer’s home;
- Drop off/Pick up children between school and home;
- Take Children to Kumon class and library weekly;
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals for the children;
- Organize activities, games and outings for children;
- Keep a safe and healthy environment in the home;
- Discipline children according to the parents’ instruction to establish their good routine, habits and character;
- Accompany the children while taking online class to ensure their study efficiency;
- Help children with homework when needed;
- Keep effective communication with the parents about the progress or problems of the children;
- Light housekeeping to ensure children’s living environment is safe and clean;
- Wash, iron and press clothing and uniforms for children;
- Travel with family on trips and assist with child supervision;
- Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Pass medical check and non-smoking
- College. CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1-2 years or higher in education; First aid and CPR certification is required
- Previous work experience in childcare is preferred
- Have a valid driver’s licence and be able to drive is preferred
- Ability to tend to emotional and physical needs of child.
- Flexibility working in the evening and weekend maybe required.
We encourage individuals from underrepresented groups (Indigenous persons, vulnerable newcomers etc.) to apply. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone call please.