FJ Consulting Ltd. is currently seeking a candidate to join their team as a Computer Network Technician, in a fast-paced environment within the Lower Mainland/Greater Vancouver region.
Provide end user with hardware and software support, onsite and offsite, with effective solutions in a timely manner. This role is ideal for someone who loves helping others, has loads of initiative and great technical and follow-through skills.
Company: FJ Consulting Ltd.
Company Location: 1108, Yarmouth Street, Port Coquitlam, BC, V3C 5V9
Position: Computer Network Technician
Positions Available: 1
Wage Rate: $29.00 per hour
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Work Location(s): Various locations in Lower Mainland and Greater Vancouver region in BC (as per company’s contracts)
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks, computer workstations and peripheral equipment’s.
- Manage information and computer systems.
- Install and configure computer hardware, operating systems, and applications.
- Set up local area networks (LAN’s) and connections to the internet.
- Review and install any upgrades to the computer hardware, networking software, operating software.
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems, networks and to co-ordinate access and use of computer networks.
- Troubleshoot system problems, diagnose, and solve hardware or software faults.
- Provide problem-solving services to network users.
- Implement data, software, and hardware security procedures.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Implement network traffic and security monitoring software and optimize server performance.
- Perform web-server backup and recovery operations.
- Remote system and server management.
- Microsoft 365 Services deployment and management.
- Education in Computer Science, Network Administration, Web Technology or a related field.
- Experience in relevant occupation would be an asset but not mandatory.
- Understanding of hardware, network components and concepts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving/analytical abilities.
- Strong troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task while talking to clients.
- Familiarity with remote systems management tools.
- Strong knowledge of M365, and Azure AD platforms.
How to apply?
Interested and qualified candidates are welcome to apply by email at email@example.com.
FJ Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer!