For our new and modern machinery, we are looking for experienced mechanical engineering technicians to join our team. Our goal is to provide Western Canada with not only the best quality products but also the most environmentally friendly operations.
Start date: ASAP
Hourly wage: $32
Hours per week: 40
Number of Vacancy: 3
Benefits: Extended health care (medical & dental)
Primary work location: 3030 190th St, Surrey, BC V3S 9V2
Secondary work location: 839 W 1st St #1, North Vancouver, BC V7P 1A4
*some training at North Vancouver location.
Task and Responsibilities:
- Assist in preparing conventional and computer-assisted design (CAD)
- Operate specialized and standard test equipment to diagnose, test and analyze the performance of machines
- Assist in inspection of mechanical installations and construction projects
- Participate in the installation, repair and maintenance of machinery and equipment.
- Maintain, trouble shoot and repair machinery used in production and related services, maximizing production time and minimizing down time.
- Explore methods for the improvement of machine operation.
- Upgrade machinery and equipment to improve production.
- Perform various activities related to the installation and relocation of existing printing, packaging and corrugated machines and equipment which involves dismantling, erection, levelling, fitting and aligning operations as needed.
- Diagnose machine malfunctions and operating difficulties.
- Make repairs or adjustments to keep equipment in production.
- Rebuild machines and overhaul troublesome components and attachments to involve dismantling, inspection, machining or replacement of purchased parts.
- Order parts and supplies as needed.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology and changes in the industry.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
- Completion of college program in mechanical engineering technology or related disciplines
- At least 2 years of experience in manufacturing environments
- Experience in Corrugated and/or printing packaging industries is an asset
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, ETAP, DigSilent is an asset
- Physical Capabilities: Combination of sitting, standing, Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Personal Suitability: Multi-task, detail-oriented, self-motivated, problem solver, strong communications skills
- Language of work: English
How to apply