Start date: ASAP
Wage: $29 per hour
Hours per week: 40
Benefits: Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Group insurance benefits
Primary work location: 839 West 1st St, North Vancouver, BC
Secondary work location: 3030-190th St, Surrey, BC V3S 9V2
*per the business need at Surrey location.
Task and Responsibilities:
- Maintain, trouble shoot and repair machinery used in production and related services, maximizing production time and minimizing down time.
- Explore methods for the improvement of machine operation.
Upgrade machinery and equipment to improve production.
- Perform various activities relative to the installation and relocation of existing printing machines and equipment to involve dismantling, erection, levelling, fitting and aligning operations as needed.
- Operate specialized and standard test equipment to diagnose, test and analyze the performance of printing machines
- Assist in the design, development and testing of electrical and electronic components of printing machines.
- Diagnose machine malfunctions and operating difficulties.
- Make repairs or adjustments to keep equipment in production.
- Rebuild machines and overhaul troublesome components and attachments to involve dismantling, inspection, machining or replacement of purchased parts.
- Order parts and supplies as needed.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology and changes in the industry.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
- Completion of college program in electrical engineering technology or related disciplines
- At least 2-3 years of experience
- Experience in printing and packaging or related industries is an asset
- Knowledge of applicable electronic software’s such as Autocad and ETAP is an asset
- Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Personal Suitability: Effective interpersonal skills, team player, organized, detail-oriented
- Willing to work overtime, weekend or holidays if needed
- Language of work: English
How to apply
By email: email@example.com