- Installing wooden structures such as roofing framers, joists, partitions, rafters, and stud work on residential and commercial buildings, wooden structures.
- Designing and installation of cabinets, shelves, drywall, and insulation.
- Building foundations, installing floor beams, laying sub-flooring and installing walls and roofing systems.
- Adding fittings and fixtures including door handles, hinges, locks, trim, doors, stairs, moulding, hardware and closures.
- Measuring, cutting and joining materials made of wood or wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials.
- Selecting lumber as per the requirements of the project and sourcing wood that fits within budget and meets style specifications.
- Repairing and renovating wooden structures.
- Preparing cost estimates for clients.
- Liaising with clients to discuss project details, budgets, and timelines.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings and sketches
- Working with suppliers to obtain necessary material while staying within the client’s budget.
- Reading blueprints and designs prepared by other architects, construction professionals, and ensuring they meet building code recommendations and requirements.
- No degree, certificate or diploma required
- Will train; no experience required
- Requires the ability to read, write, communicate in English
- Can manage renovation, maintenance and repair work at site
- Willing to travel regularly on various locations
- Able to handle Carpentry/woodworking machinery
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Overtime required
$26.50 for 30 hours per week
How to Apply:
To apply, email email@example.com