COMPANY OPERATING NAME: Sage Logistics Ltd.
BUSINESS ADDRESS: 33654 Cherry Ave, Mission, BC V2V2V6 Canada
We are looking to employ three truck drivers for our growing transportation company. Our ideal candidate is efficient, responsible and safe. Our truck drivers should be able to coordinate with a team, while working and problem-solving independently on the road. We require candidates with a clean driving record and proper air brake endorsements to operate our commercial vehicles. Drivers must accurately maintain driving logs and be able to administer bills of lading.
JOB TITLE: Long Haul Truck Driver
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 3
JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES:
- Transport goods and materials from manufacturing plant to warehouses, rail yards, distribution centres and other provinces
- Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods
- Perform pre-trip, en-route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and turn signals, brakes and
- cold storage
- Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting goods
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- Document and log work/rest periods and kilometres spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Inspect for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Load and unload the cargo off the truck including supervision
- Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain logbooks
- Communicate with the dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices and on-board computers
- Perform emergency roadside repairs
- Keep interior of vehicle clean of debris and clutter
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- No formal education requirements
- No experience required, on-the-job training will be provided
- Ability to communicate in English
- Driver's License (Class 1 or A) is required
- Air Brake (Z) Endorsement is required
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES:
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Attention to detail
- Sitting for extended periods
- Willing to travel overnight, cross-border and for extended periods
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and Judgement
- Must be a team player, reliable and organized
- Must be available for all hours of operations and shifts including overtime and weekend work as required
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent Full-time, Long-term.
WAGES: $27.75 per hour
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
OVERTIME: One and one-half times the regular wage rate as per provincial regulations.
- Insurance from Workplace Safety and Insurance Board covered by the employer.
- Vacation pay as per provincial regulations will be paid each payday on a semi-monthly basis.
Preference is given to applicants who are Canadian citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents, New Immigrants, Indigenous Persons / Aboriginals, Visible Minorities and Vulnerable Youth.
If interested in this position, please apply by email at email@example.com or by mail to 33654 Cherry Ave, Mission, BC V2V2V6 Canada, with a resume and cover letter. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.