Location: New Westminster, BC V3M 6N1
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time - 40 hours / week
Employment groups: Youth, Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Work setting
- In shop
- Personal suitability
- Dependability, Flexibility, Reliability
- Inspect and test mechanical units to locate faults and malfunctions. Inspect motor in operation, road test motor vehicles and test automotive systems and components. Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of automotive systems. Diagnose faults and malfunctions and confirm findings with supervisor to determine whether to repair or replace unit. Repair or replace mechanical units or components. Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer's specifications. Estimate parts and labour costs. Perform scheduled maintenance service. Test and adjust units to specifications. Complete reports to record problems and work performed. Review work orders and discuss work with supervisor.
- Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail, Standing for extended periods
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.