- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Supply and empty bed pans
- Take patients' blood pressure, temperature and pulse
- Serve meal trays and feed patients
- Weigh, lift, turn and position patients
- Deliver messages, reports, requisitions and specimens between departments
- Make beds and maintain patients' rooms
- Supervise patients' exercise routines
- Administer suppositories, colonic irrigations and enemas
- Maintain inventory of supplies
- Bathe, dress and groom patients
- Assist with the set-up and maintenance of traction equipment, cleaning or sterilizing equipment, maintaining and repairing equipment, and assembling, setting-up and operating job-related equipment
- Transport patients between care facilities
- Transport patients in wheelchair or stretcher
- Answer call signals
- Collect specimens
- Prepare patients for surgery by washing, shaving and sterilizing operative areas
- Accompany patients on outside recreational activities and perform other duties related to patient care and comfort
- Administer first aid in emergency situations
Employment groups -
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Older workers, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.