Green Again Irrigation Inc. is a professional, insured and earth-friendly company that is managed and owned by an irrigation engineer. We specialize in residential and commercial drip irrigation and sprinkler systems as well as landscape lighting. We are the professionals that you can also count on for custom irrigation design and installation.
We use state-of-the-art technology and equipment in order to deliver top-quality irrigation and lighting systems to every customer. We strive to not only meet but to exceed our clients expectations. In order to apply please email your resume to email@example.com. Wages will be about $22.25/hour, depending on experience.
We are currently seeking a passionate and reliable individual with the right skills and knowledge to join our friendly team of professionals in the role of Irrigation Technician. The primary function of the role is to maintain existing irrigation systems to a high standard by assessing, troubleshooting, repairing, and providing proactive recommendations to improve system performance.
- Installs, maintains and keeps in good repair parks plumbing systems, e.g. irrigation, splash pads, wading pools, drinking fountains and ornamental fountains
- Maintains and administers central or stand alone computer control irrigation system and associated components
- Performs semi-skilled carpentry, fencing, painting and concrete work and other general construction activities
- Performs semi-skilled activities for parks plumbing systems and facility plumbing
- Operates a variety of power tools and equipment and operates City vehicles
- Prepares sketches and specifications and maintains accurate records/inventory of park plumbing assets and various related records, requisitions materials, completes written report updates
- May be required to provide work direction and training to other staff to ensure that work location, equipment and supplies meet Health & Safety standards and duties are carried out in a safe and responsible manner
- Checks Contractor installations are completed, ensuring contract compliance
- Performs other related work as assigned
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Possess and be able to obtain and maintain a valid Province of Ontario Class "G" Driver's License and must qualify for the any equipment operating permits and requirements.
- Experience related to plumbing systems (e.g. irrigation, splash pads, wading pools, drinking fountains and ornamental fountains) systems installation, maintenance, and repairs including electrical systems, pumps and controller components and experience in semi-skilled plumbing and fitting.
- Experience in confined spaces and odorous areas and ability to obtain and maintain a certificate of training in confined spaces.
You may also have:
- Ability to read plans and make rough sketches for plumbing layouts.
- Ability to operate and input information into computer (e.g. Computer Central Control system).
- Must be physically capable of performing required duties.
- Ability to obtain a valid Province of Ontario "D" Driver's License with "Z" endorsement.
- Must be familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations that apply to this work.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to deal courteously with the public and to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.