The Network Operator is responsible for operating midrange infrastructure and applications at our company. The Network Operator position is a critical role that is responsible for all operational readiness and support for Safeway's Retail and Backstage networks. This role encompasses all data and voice devices, hardware and software. The Network team partners with our field services personnel and vendors to restore service to any affected clients in a timely manner. The incumbent will be responsible for monitoring, restoring service and documenting all efforts to that end. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor network production routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and access points through the use of ITNM. Respond to tickets that are created from these tools.
- Document and update Network turnover, incidents and other tools that are used to track issues.
- Work closely with Field Services, Service Desk and other internal support groups to identify, resolve or coordinate resolution of any Network problems.
- Work closely with our business partners (Verizon, CenturyLink) to ensure any service outages are escalated and resolved within set service level agreements.
- Communicate via email notification of any single and/or multiple high impact store outages to appropriate field service managers and command center personnel.
- Support our business partners in any/all ongoing projects and business initiatives such as router/switch replacements, store turn-up/turn-down, store configuration, wireless devices, upgrades, etc.
- Provide Excellent Customer Service in all you do, by being diligent and thorough ensuring the customer's needs are satisfied in a timely manner.
- Respond to incidents, email, instant communicator, and phone calls for any Network issues that may be going on. Analyze, fix or escalate depending on issue and follow up on escalated issues to ensure incident is resolved.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong skills managing complex technical software projects in manufacturing-related environment is required.
- Demonstrated project management excellence, along with good business acumen, social adeptness, robust interpersonal skills, team building, and mentoring abilities is necessary.
- Well-organized, with ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to non-technical audiences.
- Well-developed negotiation skills with ability to influence diverse groups.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business Management, or similar area is an asset
- 5+ years of relevant experience; or an Associate Degree with 7+ years of experience in a similar role is required.