Our growing company, Sterling Limousine seeks a Transportation Manager for our Calgary location. Wage will be at $33.75 per hour .We are looking for a person with attention to detail, ability to multitask, true appreciation of excellence, self-motivation, and a strong “Can Do” attitude.
- Manage carrier relationships, own and negotiate transportation contracts. Identify ways to reduce transportation cost.
- Analyze and implement new client service offerings
- Support freight requirements of current and prospective customers by providing analysis of logistics pricing and margin analysis
- Troubleshoot and resolve transportation and logistics issues that arise from the distribution centers, and the transportation methods.
- Perform competitive transportation analysis
- Define IT requirements necessary for transport support
- Monitor and report on clients’ profitability
- Perform customer profitability analysis monthly/quarterly/annually
- Solid understanding of Transportation, Planning, Execution, and Network Design,
- Negotiate new customer service contracts
- Training, scheduling, and reservation.
- Perform other job responsibilities, as necessary and/or assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or other field directly related to the position’s specific responsibilities and four years of professional business experience
- Transportation management experience of 4+ years
- Passion for problem solving: Able to tackle new and unfamiliar tactical and strategic problems.
- Analytics: Must have a strong quantitative background, an intuitive grasp of data
- Extensive Microsoft Excel (pivot table, PowerPoint skills)
- Good collaboration, teamwork, and leadership qualities. The position will be working with a varied group of stakeholders, each of whom brings a different perspective and skill set to any given problem
- Authentic desire to engage and help, but willingness to stand ground when necessary
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented to handle in-depth projects
- Self-motivated and self-starter with excellent follow-up
- Ability to translate data and analysis into a business case or solution options
- Take direction, conceptualize projects/tasks, and carry through to completion
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time
- Transportation Management: 4+years
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration is an asset!