(National Occupational Classification 2016 - NOC Code:1221 )
GCA Montessori is a daycare which offers Preschool Programs where we provide lot of opportunities for preschoolers to learn. We help the children that come to our Preschool to build their self-confidence, enhance knowledge and develop social skills they can use for their future success. Our Preschool Program is based on a Montessori Curriculum. Our mission is to provide in each child the intellectual, social, physical and emotional development, nurturing and developing academically excellent environment through the Montessori approach. We also offer other childcare-related programs that include preschool, school age, part-time care and tutoring.
COMPANY OPERATING NAME: GCA Montessori Inc.
BUSINESS ADDRESS: 103-14410 108 Avenue, Surrey BC V3R 1V4 Canada
GCA Montessori Preschool is looking to hire an experienced and efficient Administration Officer to work in our Preschool to provide administrative assistance to the Principal and Management, and serve as a liaison between students, staff, parents and other third party agencies ensuring smooth functioning of the Preschool. The Administration Officer needs to possess knowledge of office management, administration and coordination techniques, modern office practices in academic environments besides some knowledge of computers and school office practices as it will help perform the duties correctly. The Administration Officer is also required to organize, oversee and perform everyday clerical and administrative duties associated with the Preschool operations.
Job Title: Administration Officer
No. of Positions: 1
Job Description and Duties:
- Oversee and coordinate office administrative procedures and review, evaluate and implement new procedures.
- Establish work priorities, delegate work to office support staff, and ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed.
- Carry out all administrative activities associated with the GCA Montessori Child Care Centre.
- Manage policies and procedures related to the release of records in processing requests under government access to information and privacy legislation.
- Co-ordinate and plan for office services, such as equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, parking, maintenance, security services and others.
- Conduct analyses and oversee administrative operations related to budgeting, contracting and project planning and management processes.
- Record expenses and provide account statements on request.
- Prepare files attaching appropriate supporting documentation and researching information as needed, responding to requests within area of responsibility, note required actions and ensures follow-up.
- Assist in preparation of operating budget and maintain inventory and budgetary controls, contracting and project planning and management processes.
- Monitor and coordinate accounting activities as appropriate, gather data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships GCA has with Principal, Management, Teachers and Parents working towards to have a good level of communication to ensure the efforts done to provide a quality education, improve student performance, and a better involvement of each of one.
- Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence.
- Coordinate along with the staff and make arrangements for events such as Parent’s meetings, staff meetings, special children activities and others.
- Takes notes and types various documents such as correspondence, reports, memos. Signs certain documents.
- Collect and follow-up on all required information from other GCA Montessori child care centers (profit and loss statements, health inspections, marketing plans).
- Provide any related additional administrative support as needed.
Terms of Employment: Permanent Full-Time, Long-term.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
- Mondays through Fridays: 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
- Must be available for all hours of operation including overtime and weekend work as required.
Wages: $25.00 per hour
Overtime: One and one-half times the regular wage rate as per provincial regulations
- Insurance from Workplace Safety and Insurance Board covered by employer
- Vacation pay as per provincial regulations will be paid each payday on a semi-monthly basis
Location of Work:
- 103-14410 108 Avenue, Surrey BC V3R 1V4 Canada
Anticipated Start Date of Employment: As soon as possible.
Education, Experience and Language Requirements:
- A University Degree in Business or Public Administration.
- At least 3 years of experience in office administration, coordination and office management.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
Additional Skills and Other Requirements:
- Highly organized, reliable and efficient
- Outgoing, courteous, and professional
- Self-starter and quick learner
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Electronic mail and Social Media
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and Judgement
- Must be a team player.
Preference given to applicants who are Canadian Citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents, New Immigrants, Indigenous Persons / Aboriginals, Visible Minorities, Vulnerable Youth, Persons with Disabilities.
If interested in this position, please apply by email to us at email@example.com or by mail to GCA Montessori, 103-14410 108 Avenue, Surrey BC V3R 1V4 Canada with resume and cover letter. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.