About the Job
The purpose of this role and why this role exists
We are growing our team again.
The consistent high quality of our products and services is resulting in continued healthy growth. Resultingly, we are searching for additional Technical Project Managers to take over client deliverables, enabling us to further scale and further grow client engagements within our Data Analytics portfolio.
Our successful Project Managers have an entrepreneurial spirit and a leader personality. They’ve become trusted advisors to their clients, managing client’s expectations, and have a keen eye on new opportunities for future business. They eventually, effectively, play the role of Account Manager and Program Manager, ensuring overall client satisfaction.
This is a growth role with an opportunity to move into a leadership role.
Why we’re a cool company
- Recent recipient of Employee Recommended Workplace Awards
- Flex time, partial work-from-home
- Full benefits package from Day-1
- Fitness membership allowance
- Company cell phone or cell phone allowance
- Headquarters in NE Oakville, with satellite office in Waterloo. This role can optionally be partially based in Waterloo
- HO less than 1km from the QEW, walking distance to cafés and eateries
If people only knew the great stuff we do here. – Unsolicited quote from team member
The part that you play in this organization, and specific duties you are measured against
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects, evaluate talent, manage resources, manage budget, deliver projects on-time and on-budget
- Aligning with clients’ vision and priorities
- Develop strong relationships with assigned clients, understanding their challenges, and mapping their business objectives to our solutions
- Ensure high quality delivery of service solutions
- Facilitate requirements gathering
- Actively promote our company, its products, services, and solutions
- Develop and maintain a strong client relationship that aligns with the company’s objectives and client centric approach
- Act as the escalation point on assigned clients to resolve any issues or concerns
- Proactively analyze potential client requirements and take appropriate steps to align us in the best position to meet the needs
- Manage the relationships with the client and all stakeholders
- Initiate design meetings to draw out and clearly define development and implementation options
- Creating SOW for Discovery Process, then Project with Scope and Objectives
- Determine project budget
- Manage technical resources, and address any resource challenges, who are responsible for the project’s deliverables, within budget and schedule
- Keep apprised of the status of development and serve as liaison between development staff and client
- Facilitates team and client meetings
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and manage the plan for moving technical solutions to final client hand-off
- Own the communication and execution of solution hand-over to client services, service delivery, technology and other team members at designated milestones
Some of the Experiences & Background we’d like to see
All the things you’re good at because you’ve done most of these before
- 5 years experience in enterprise project management with Software Solutions build and deployments, ideally rollouts to Cloud environment
- Excel in problem solving with teams to meet clients’ goals and move project forward
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, presentation. Facilitating interdepartmental communication
- Managing client expectations
- Managing internal resources
- Creating Statement of Work documents
- 5-years experience with Agile development methodologies
- Understands Microservices concepts
- Understands complex database concepts
- Understands object-oriented concepts
- Understands and has managed data-lake and business intelligence projects
- Understands the benefits of the various programming languages
- Experience with MS-SSIS, Informatica or Talend (nice to have)
- Technical degree in Computer Science or Engineering at University or College level
About the Company
Our client is a software product company, custom software development and IT professional services firm, based in Oakville and offices in New York and Waterloo. They are on the Branham300 List of Top Canadian ICT Companies four years in a row since 2016. Recently they have also ranked in the Growth500, Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies for two years.
Expect up to <5% travel into the USA.
Please include your resume. We're searching for local resources only.
Disclaimer: While measures were taken to ensure the accuracy of this document, SearchVelocity or our Client cannot warrant 100% accuracy or completeness.