Network Support Technician is required to start work as soon as possible at "Omikan Technologies Inc." Further job details are as follow: -
Location: Unit - 122, 6211 Gilbert Road, Richmond, BC, V7C 3V6
Wages: $33.70/ Hour
Employment groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full time 30 to 40 Hours/ Week
Start Date: As soon as possible
Employment Conditions: Shift, Flexible hours
Education- Other trades certificate or diploma
Experience- 2 years to less than 3 years
Job duties of a Network Support Technician include some or all of the following : -
- Maintain, troubleshoot and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks, computer workstations and peripheral equipments.
- Evaluate and install computer hardwares, networking software and operating system softwares.
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems, networks and to co-ordinate access and use of computer networks.
- Load computer tapes and disks and install software and printer paper and forms.
- Provide problem-solving services to network users.
- Implement data, software and hardware security procedures.
- Perform routine network start up and close down and maintain control records.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade web-server hardware and softwares.
- Set up local area networks and connections to the internet.
- Implement network traffic and security monitoring software, and optimize server performance.
- Modify web pages, applets and scripts.
- Research and apply meta-data to websites and register websites with search engines.
- Respond to requests for help and information from website visitors and website designers.
- Perform web-server backup and recovery operations.
How to apply
By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org