Help Prevent the Spread - COVID-19 - Keep Social Distance
EK & A Rebar Contracting Ltd.
9530 Dawson CR Delta BC V4C 5H2 Canada
Salary: $37.00 to $40.00 per hour for 40 hours per week
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 4
NOC Group: 7201 Contractors and supervisors, machining, metal forming, shaping and erecting trades and related occupations
NOC Job Title: Ironworkers/Rebar Lead hand and foreman.
Various locations in Lower Mainland Vancouver with base at 9530 Dawson CR Delta BC V4C 5H2
EK & A Rebar Contracting is the leading rebar placing for Residential, commercial and industrial applications in BC. At EK & A Rebar Contracting, we work with contractors on industrial, commercial businesses, residential Sky Rises including providing rebar detailing for your builds. In addition, we take your structural engineering drawings and convert them into detailed construction drawings pointing out exact locations of all reinforcing steel, what is needed to support the rebar during construction as well as construction sequence. Our services include Rebar Concrete Reinforcement and Installation of Rebar. We have employment opportunity for Ironworkers/Rebar Lead hand and foreman.
• Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers such as Ironworkers, related apprentices.
• Assist in providing leadership, direction and supervision of construction workers; to provide coordination in order that crew work in a safe and productive manner
• Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
• Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
• Communicating to city’s by law officers, WCB inspectors on the site, providing them report of work on the site
• Requisition materials and supplies
• Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
• Train or arrange for training of workers
• Recommend personnel actions such as hiring’s and promotions
• Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
• Prepare production and other reports
• Advising management of any issues, impacts, risks or potential costs (financial or time).
• May perform the same duties as team when required
• Completion of secondary school is required.
• 4-5 years of work experience in the trade with at least 1 years experience as foreman is required.
• Trade certification for ironworker (reinforcing) is an asset to have, but not mandatory.
• Ability to walk stands, crouch for long periods of time and carry out strenuous physical tasks.
• Requires lifting, pulling and carrying of equipment and other objects
• Candidate should be willing to work outdoors, indoors and all-weather conditions.
• Basic knowledge of English is required.
• Willing and able to perform physically demanding work including the ability to lift up to 50lbs.
• Ability to supervise and instruct team of 10 or more people.
Union rate applies, Medical and Dental and Pension benefits as per union collective agreement.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted!! Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
How to apply
Mail: 9530 Dawson CR Delta BC V4C 5H2 Canada