1) Good communication skills are needed as he has to interact with employees, writing proposals, subcontractors, procuring materials and dealing with clients.
2) Determine labour requirements and dispatch workers to construction sites.
3) Leadership quality to lead their teams, and keep them motivated and focused on the job.
4) Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
5) Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
6) Should be able to study all blue prints and technical specification / aspects of construction site.
7) To obtain all necessary permits and licenses for new site delivery.
8) Develop and implement quality control programs.
9) Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
10) Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems for timely completion of project.
- A university degree in civil/ Mechanical / Electrical engineering or a college diploma in construction technology is required.
- Several years of experience in the construction industry, including experience as a construction supervisor or field superintendent is required.
- Extensive experience in the construction industry may substitute for post secondary education requirements.
Work Location: All over lower mainland Vancouver.
How to Apply:
By Mail: 13439 - 68 Avenue, Surrey BC, V3W 2G1
By Email: email@example.com
By Fax: 604-608-9853