1. Operate woodworking machines and use hand tools to cut, shape and firm wood.
2. Trim component parts of joints to ensure snug fits, using hand tools, such as planes, or wood files.
3. Prepare, sand and trim wooden furniture and fixture parts using hand and power tools.
4. Matches material for colour, grain, or texture.
5. Drives nails or the fasteners into joints of articles to prepare articles for finishing.
6. Study drawings and make dimensions of parts on wood
7. Repair or restyle cabinets, fixtures and related products.
8. Prepare and interpret drawings and prepare work estimates
9. Sand wooden surfaces and apply veneer, stain or polish to finished products
10. May install hardware, such as hinges, catches, and drawer pulls.
11. Bores holes for insertion of screws or dowels by hand or using boring machine.
- Employment requirements
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a four-year apprenticeship program
A combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some high school or college courses in cabinetmaking is required.
Salary: $24.00/ hour
Apply or send your resume by,