Truck Trailer Mechanic
Hi Tech Diesel Garage Ltd.
12003C Old Yale Road, Surrey, British Columbia V3V 3X4
Salary: $29.00/Hourly for 35 hours per week
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Automotive Service Technicians, Truck and Bus Mechanics and Mechanical Repairers (7321)
NOC Job Title: Truck Trailer Mechanic
Job Location(s) 12003C Old Yale Road, Surrey, British Columbia V3V 3X4
Hi Tech Diesel Garage Ltd. in Surrey, BC is looking for two experienced and skilled Truck Trailer Mechanic to join at the earliest.
• Service, diagnose, repair, maintain, update, clean, equipment pre and post trip
• Preventive maintenance on commercial trailers, Use various hand tools and machinery to repair problems trailers, welding on trailers
• Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of commercial transport truck systems including chassis, frame, cab, body, engine and drive train, air brakes, steering, and fuel, hydraulic, electrical and electronic systems
• Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of truck-trailer systems including structural, brake and electrical systems.
• Perform scheduled maintenance service, such as oil changes, lubrications and tune ups
• Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer's performance specifications
• Diagnose faults or malfunctions and confirm findings with supervisor or management to determine whether to repair or replace unit
• Repair or replace mechanical units or components using hand and power tools
• Complete reports to record problems and work performed
• Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
• Completion of Secondary school is required. Vocational training or program is an asset.
• 4 or more years of work experience or 4-year truck and transport mechanic or truck-trailer repair apprenticeship.
• Basic English in order to communicate with company drivers, suppliers, and management.
• Class 1 drivers license will be an asset, but not mandatory.
As per mutual agreement and BC Employment standards act 4% vacation pay of the gross salary or 10 days of paid vacation annually.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may if eligible please send their resume by email firstname.lastname@example.org Or By mail to 12003C Old Yale Road, Surrey, British Columbia V3V 3X4