Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Carpenters (7271)
NOC Job Title: Carpenter, Framing
2266 Cascade Street
Abbotsford, British Columbia
- Study blueprints and diagrams to determine dimensions of structure or form to be constructed.
- Measure materials or distances, using square, measuring tape, or rule to lay work.
- Cut or saw boards, timbers, or plywood to required size, using handsaw, power saw, or woodworking machine.
- Assemble and fasten material together to construct wood or metal framework of structure, using bolts, nails or screws.
- Anchor and brace forms and other structures in place, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, wedges, and timbers.
- Mark cutting lines on material, using pencil or scriber.
- Erect forms, framework, scaffolds, hoists, roof supports, or chutes, using hand tools, plumb rule and level.
- Install rough door and window frames, subflooring, fixtures, or temporary supports in structure undergoing construction or repair.
- Examine structural timbers and supports to detect decay, and replace timbers as required, using hand tools, nuts and bolts.
- Dig or direct digging of post holes and set poles to support structure.
- Completion of High School is required.
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Framer is required.
How to Apply