Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Visiting Homemakers, Housekeepers and Related Occupations (6471)
NOC Job Title: Companion
Surrey, British Columbia
A private residential household located at 134-B Street and 91 Avenue, Surrey, BC is looking for a caregiver for my 79-year-old mother for companionship.
Work Location: Work in employer's/ client's home. Optional accommodation is available at NO CHARGE in an event that caregiver wants to stay. However, THIS IS NOT a condition of employment.
• Assisting my mother in walking and light exercise.
• Plan and prepare healthy meals for her, followed by clean up.
• Assist and help my mother in bathing, dressing and grooming.
• Accompanying her to the doctor and other outside appointments.
• Providing medication to my mother, in addition to keeping records of doctor's meeting.
• Observe my mother’s behaviour or concerns and report them to the family or doctor on immediate basis.
• Providing her companionship and taking care of her in a polite and caring manner.
• Maintain a safe and clean environment around her.
• Maintain a record of her behavior and activities for reference purpose.
• Completion of Secondary School.
• Previous experience and/or caregiver program is required.
• Must be able to speak, read and write English. Punjabi speaking is an asset but not a requirement.
• 40 hours per week.
• Paid meal breaks.
• 2 weeks' vacation per year
Transportation: Public Transport is available.
How to Apply