- Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language.
- Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
- Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
- Develop, test, and analyze programming applications.
- Determine, develop and document software specifications throughout production lifecycle.
- Analyze and rectify software errors and present precise status reports on time.
- Write, modify, integrate and test software code
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products
- Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required.
- Collaborate with other departments to understand their needs and devise ways to accommodate them with software
- Perform regular audits to identify software inefficiencies and mastermind ways to improve workflow
- Write and continually update documentation for all programs for internal and external reference
- College/CEGEP or equivalent experience
- 2 years to less than 3 years in a computer programming role
- Strong attention to detail and ability to spot tiny errors or inconsistencies in code
- Must have excellent creative problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a team
- Up to date on the latest software innovations and committed to continually building on existing knowledge and skills
- Exemplify superior time management skills and capable of working productively with minimal supervision
- Ability to follow directions closely and accurately
- A desire to innovate and create cutting edge programs
Salary & hours
$39.00 hour for 35 hours per week
Remote work option available
To apply, email at firstname.lastname@example.org