Dental Laboratory Technician Assistant
Employer: Orthotech Dental Lab
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent (40 hours per week)
Language: English required
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Completion of post-secondary diploma in Dental Technology
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: NOC 3223
Benefits: Extended medical, disability insurance, dental insurance and vision.
Job Location (s):
#220-550 West Ave, Kelowna, BC V1Y 4Z4
Orthotech’s team of highly trained technicians works collaboratively with specialists to meet and exceed their expectations. We do this in a state-of-the-art laboratory where precision work takes place in a pristine environment that is meticulously maintained. We are a leading-edge laboratory that produces products custom designed with quality materials approved by FDA and Health Canada. Orthotech manufactures a full range of dental appliances including dentures, cast partials, night guards, TMJ splints, and orthodontics
Orthotech Dental is looking for a Dental Laboratory Technician Assistant who can efficiently assist in the daily operations of our business.
Main Duties include:
• Design, fabricate or repair dental devices including full or partial dentures, orthodontic appliances, clasps and bands, and implants
• Prepare plaster models and moulds from dental impressions
• Prepare wax bite-blocks and impression trays
• Pack plastic material in moulds to form full or partial dentures
• Mould wax over denture set-up to form full contours of artificial gums
• Make orthodontic bands from gold, silver, stainless steel or other metals
• Finish metal framework of dentures and polish and buff dentures to obtain natural finish
• May train and supervise other dental technicians and dental laboratory assistants in fabricating dentures and other dental devices
• May perform administrative functions for the dental laboratory.
• Completion of Secondary School required
• Completion of post-secondary diploma in Dental Technology required
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience in the field of Dental Technology is required
• Knowledge in using 3Shape software and scanners is preferred but not mandatory
How to Apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
No phone calls please.
-We would like to thank everyone for applying, however, due to the volume of applications received only those moving forward to the interview process will be contacted.
-We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender and ethnic group but, as members of ethnic minority groups such as aboriginals, youth and new immigrants are currently under-represented at this level of post, we would encourage applications from members of these groups. Selection will be based on merit alone.
Kelowna - BC - Canada