Home Support Worker
Santosh Kaur Thind
Salary: $19.25/hour for 40 hours a week
Language: Basic English
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Positions Available: 1
Minimum Education: High School
Work Location: Private household in Surrey British Columbia
Employment conditions: Early morning, Morning, Day, Shift
Work Site Environment: Non-smoking
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Permanent
• The job is full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Days off: Saturday and Sunday. Day offs can vary as per our requirement and prior notice.
• 30 minutes paid meal break. 05 days of paid sick leave.
• 2 weeks paid vacation annually or 4% Vacation pay of the gross salary will be paid each pay period.
• Free of cost in home accommodation can be provided, if needed. This is not the requirement of employment. We may help in finding suitable accommodation near by, if needed.
Aboriginal people, Youth, Students, New Immigrants, people with disability are encouraged to apply.
Thind family is looking for a permanent full-time Home Support Worker to look after an elder lady in need of care and companionship at their residence in Surrey, BC.
• Aid in the basic care of the resident, under the direction of nurse and physician
• Provide professional care, support, and supervision at home for resident with complex health challenges
• Looks after the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of a patient
• Assisting with dressing and grooming
• Providing physical assistance
• Assist the lady in personal hygiene, like bathing
• Accompany the lady to doctor's appointments
• Prepare meals and light housekeeping for the patient
• Assist in activities of daily living
• Perform routine housekeeping duties for lady such as laundry, washing dishes and making bed
Experience and Qualifications
• Completion of secondary school education (post-secondary education is an asset) is required
• At least six months of college program or training program in care of the elderly, care of persons with disabilities, convalescent care or in a related field OR at least one year of full-time paid experience as a home support worker or in a related field is required
• First Aid Certificate or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate will be an asset.
• Ability to speak, write and read English
How to apply
We are only accepting email applications at the moment due to Covid-19 pandemic. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for the in person interview.
To apply, kindly email your resume by: