We carefully curate a curriculum that not only plays into your child’s development, but is a lot of fun. Our team of Child Educators are all very passionate with what they do and are all certified with Early Childhood Educator and First Aid.
Company Name : Smiling Stars Daycare
TITLE : Early Childhood Educator
Salary: 17.10-19.00 CAD hourly
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: A bachelor’s degree or college diploma in early childhood education is required.
Positions Available: 1
NOC Job Title: Early Childhood Educator (NOC4214)
Job Location(s): 3171 Edgemont Boulevard North Vancouver, BC, V7R 2N9
-Information about the Company:
Full Day Childcare Centre Licensed for care of Children 8 months to 5 years of age.
-This position is to work with children Ages: 8 months – 3 years
-Business location: 1602 Pemberton Ave, North Vancouver, BC V7R 2S6
-Business Mailing address: 1602 Pemberton Ave, North Vancouver, BC V7R 2S6
-Location of work: 3171 Edgemont Boulevard North Vancouver, BC, V7R 2N9
-Type of Employment: Full time–Permanent
-Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Knowledge of daycare’s philosophy, policy and procedure
- Knowledge of licensing regulations
- Establish guidelines for behaviour
- Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest
- Provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
-Guide and assist children in being independent
- Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural delay
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
- Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or concerns with parents and other staff members
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and families.
-Education: A bachelor's degree or college diploma/Certificate in early childhood education is required.
-Experience: Minimum 1 year to less than 2 years experience
-Valid ECE license is required
-Satisfactory criminal record check is required
-Valid First Aid certificate and CPR Certificate
-Flexible with shifts
-Well developed interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication in English
Early Childhood Educator Assistant Skills
Support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children; Engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts; Prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods; Supervising children during indoor and outdoor activities; Ensuring children’s safety and well-being
· Assisting children with daily care routines
· Planning, preparing and implementing age appropriate activities based on the children’s interests & developmental needs
· Light housekeeping duties to ensure program facilities and equipment are safe and clean.
Knowledge of basic arts, science, music, sports; Supervise staff, trainees or volunteers; Order supplies and equipment; Maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties; Assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records; Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children; Supervise and co-ordinate activities of other early childhood educators and early childhood educator assistants
$ 17.10-19.00 hourly (40 Hours per week)
Work Schedule: 9 AM to 6 PM, unpaid 1hour lunch break
Benefits: available after 3 months
Apply by e-mail to: Moji@smilingstarsdaycare.com
Apply by mail to: 1602 Pemberton Ave, North Vancouver, BC V7R 2S6