Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Heavy Equipment Operators (Except Crane) (7421)
NOC Job Title: Excavator Operator
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Operate the excavator/hoe and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
• Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
• Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment; clean, lubricate and refill equipment as necessary.
• Operate bulldozers or other heavy equipment to clear brush and stumps prior to logging activities.
• Operate heavy equipment such as bulldozers, loaders and graders to excavate, move, load and grade earth, rock, gravel or other materials during construction and related activities
• Cut grade with minimal time spent on excavating to ensure production is on schedule.
• Operate Excavators on public roadways, maintaining proper awareness of one’s surroundings.
• Ensure a sound understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance.
• Operate heavy paving and surfacing equipment to lay, spread or compact concrete, asphalt and other surface materials during highway and road construction;
• Operate heavy equipment to move, load and unload cargo;
• Other construction related duties as required.
• Completion of secondary school is required.
• Some high school, college or industry courses in heavy equipment is required.
• On-the-job training will be provided.
Skills & Abilities:
• Possess physical strength to operate heavy and power-driven equipment
• Ability to work in teams
• Ability to complete work projects on time and in an effective manner
• Can work independently with minimum supervision
• Flexible to work during odd hours
• Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement weather, heat and humidity and exposure to dust and asphalt.
• Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50lbs on a regular basis.