On behalf of our client, Page Farms, we are seeking a Farm Manager to operate their 3,000-acre grain farm in Starbuck, Manitoba, south west of Winnipeg. The Farm Manager must have experience in all aspects of grain farming. Accountable to the owners, the Farm Manager must work independently and must be able to make all decisions during the growing season, as well as plan and execute for all areas of the farm including inputs, supplies, marketing, relationship building, employee management, equipment, building and facilities maintenance, budgets and finance to ensure maximum profit, cost effectiveness and efficiency.
This position offers housing, vehicle, cell phone and computer. This is great opportunity for a family to live in a rural area with a supportive community and schooling and still be nearby to the amenities of a city.
- Undertake, perform, manage, direct and coordinate worker activities, such as planting, , chemical application, harvesting, grading, payroll, and recordkeeping.
- Analyze existing operations, crops and market conditions
- Prepare plans and schedules for planting and harvesting
- Inspect crops and ensure seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and other supplies are regularly restocked
- Determine procedural changes in drying, grading, storage, and shipment for greater efficiency and accuracy
- Analyze soil to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production
- Undertake, perform and schedule repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery
- Handle the marketing and sale of grain products by partnering with purchasers and arranging for sale of crops
- Ensure all staff understands expectations and adheres to health and safety regulations
- Recruit and train new staff members
- Record information such as production, farm management practices
- Prepares financial and operational reports
- Build professional networks and keep abreast of developments in agricultural science and industry
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in agriculture, business management or administration
- Extensive experience in a farming-related field
- Management experience would be an asset
- Experience in the marketing and sale of crops
- Must be mechanically inclined and have a class 1A license (or be willing to obtain one)
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work as required
- A passion for agriculture
This is a great opportunity for an individual who has a desire to manage their own operation in farming. If you are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume to email@example.com or call Kamalita Ketler at 204.336.6107.