Long Haul Truck Driver
Sandhu Interstate Logistics Ltd.
Sandhu Interstate Logistics Ltd.
18273 58A Avenue, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada V3S 7G1
Salary: $25.00-$27.00/Hourly for 40-60 hours per week
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Truck Drivers (7411)
NOC Job Title: Long Haul Truck Driver
Various location all over Canada & USA with base at 18273 58A Avenue, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada V3S 7G1
Sandhu Interstate Logistics Ltd. based at 18273 58A Avenue, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada V3S 7G1
is currently hiring two Long Haul Truck Drivers.
• Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks, weighing over 4600 kg with three or more axles to transport goods and materials to destinations
• Oversee all aspects of vehicles such as condition of equipment, loading and unloading,and safety and security of cargo
• Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods
• Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle systems and equipment such as tires, lights, and brakes
• Communicate with central dispatcher
• Perform emergency roadside repairs
• Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures.
• Record cargo information, distance travelled, fuel consumption and other information in log book
• May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods
• Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy, as needed
• Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain log books
• Report defects, accidents or violations.
• Maneuver truck into loading and unloading positions
• 1-2 years experience as a truck driver is desireable. However, no minimum experience is necessary.
• Should have Class 1 or A driving license or license equivalent to class 1 from elsewhere 1 or should be able to acquire one.
• Basic knowledge of English.
• Completion of secondary school is required.
• Be able to drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
• Clean driving abstract.
• On the job training will be provided to the willing candidates.
Driver logbook, Bill of lading, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Trans-border documentation, Maintenance and repair reports, Trip reports
Candidate must be legally entitled to work in Canada and must be willing to drive long haul trucks as a two-person team. Must be able to travel to US. We can provide free of cost assistance in obtaining B1/B2 visa for USA for permanent resident applicants.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
Straight truck (4,600kg+ or 10,000lbs+ with 3+ axles), Tractor-trailer, Highway.
Type of Travel
This position is for Long-haul heavy truck driving, routes vary considerably; routes include travel through the Province of British Columbia & Alberta, all across Canada, (BC, AB, SK, MB, and USA). Travel may also be through other areas in Canada and the United States. Travel through various towns, cities, and districts in Canada and the United States.
As per Canada labour code for highway drivers overtime rate of 1.5 times the regular applicable after 60 hours of work per week. 4% Vacation pay of the gross salary will be paid each pay period. Up to date equipment will be provided by the company.
How to apply
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: Sandhu Interstate Logistics Ltd. 18273 58A Avenue, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada V3S 7G1