Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Babysitters, Nannies and Parents' Helpers (6474)
NOC Job Title: Child-Care Provider - Private Home
Private household at 77A Avenue and 143 Street located in Surrey is looking for Caregiver for Children.
Full-time position must be flexible to cover shifts, some weekends, hours will vary from day, night and evenings. Overtime may be required.
Work Location: Work in employer's/client's home. Accommodation is available at NO Extra Cost if the caregiver wishes to stay in the home; however, this is NOT a condition of employment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Bath, dress and groom children.
• Maintain an open, friendly and cooperative relationship with the children and family.
• Assist in preparing food for the children and serve meals and refreshments to children and regulate rest periods.
• Accompany children to outings and to medical appointments.
• Oversee children into bath and pools.
• Promote children’s emotional and social development, understanding of others and self-actualization.
• Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents.
• Carry out Housekeeping duties such as children’s laundry, errands, cleaning children’s rooms and paly area , dishwashing, and changing their linens.
• Keep records of children, including day to day observations and information regarding activities, meals served and medicine administered.
• Completion of High School is required.
• Minimum 6-months Child Caregiver experience required or Caregiver Program Completed.
• Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English.
• Punjabi speaking is an asset, but it is not a requirement.